May 24, 2010

Meet our... MIRACLES!

April 19th was a BAD day at our house. I went to the Doctor for a regular check up and they did an ultrasound. They verified that the loss of fluid that I had at 19 weeks was none other than amniotic fluid and that "baby B" had no fluid in his sac.. They immediately called specialists and others which turned into bed rest at EIRMC. After 4 1/2 weeks of strict bedrest and lots of motitoring, IVS, blood thinner shots, catheters, sponge baths, bed pans, blood tests, "Baby A's" water breaking at 26 weeks, scary moments that the babys were not cooperating... and so forth, I hit 29 weeks... Gage and Ryder decided to join us.... very quickly!
This is Gage... He weighed in at 2 pounds 15 ounces and 14 inches. He had a very rough start. His water had been broken for 10 weeks and his lungs took a toll. They had a very very hard time stabilizing him. He would not respond to anything the Doctors tried. They sent a very good friend ( nurse) in to tell us he was not going to make it. After we could get someone there, Willy gave him a blessing and immediately Gage started to make a little progress. And from there he has only been progessing each day and is very stable and doing great...

This is Ryder... what a good boy! He weighed 3 pounds 4 ounces and was 16 inches long. His water had only been broken for 2 weeks. His lungs were okay. He had a few problems, but quickly turned around and let us know he wanted to be here. He is also progressing each day.


I was able to hold baby Ryder for one hour a day after he was 2 days old. It was very scary and shocking to hold such a tiny little baby. I was finally able to hold Gage yesterday for the first time for just a few minuets. My heart is so full of graditude for such blessings. Today I held them together for the first time. They did so well together and held all their numbers up that I was able to hold them for 2 hours. THIS is the definition of pure Happiness/Joy.



Welcome Ryder James and Gage Ross... We know the meaning of Miracle. We have never felt so strongly the love of our Heavenly Father. Mostly through other people. We truly have been so blessed with great friends, family, ward members, neighbors, and strangers! Thank you so much to all those around us that have helped. Especially the prayers. We feel the power behind so many prayers. And for those who have taken care of my little family while I could not be there. These have been the most trying weeks of all our lives, but also the most faith building... We have very greatful hearts...




19 comments:

Mist said...

They are amazing!!! So are you and your sweet family. The boys are so cute! I am so happy that they are improving! What a blessing!!!! You are a wonderful mother Ronda! You inspire me. Prayers and love Always.

Camille said...

Oh, my goodness!!! We have been thinking about you during this pregnancy, but knew that you were both probably very busy, so we never wanted to call and bother you, but we're SO happy to see that things are going well. Reading your post just made my heart so happy for you. What an incredible blessing. I hope we can see you guys sometime. Let us know when you're home and able to take visitors!

♥jada said...

Ronda, congratulations on your sweet little, tiny boys! They are so beautiful and truly a miracle. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jared said...

Ronda,
I am so happy of your happy new miracles! How are you feeling? I know for me c-sections were so hard! I would LOvE to do anything! I just don't want to be in the way or a nuissence! Love you and your family! congratulations!!!
katie

The Schwab Family! said...

WOW!! Congratulations on your beautiful babies--we are so excited for you and your family! Lots of love and prayers for all 7 of you. :O)

Christina White said...

Ronda!! Wow! Miracles! I am so glad that Gage pulled through and is improving. Ryder and Gage are darling names! They are so tiny. Ronda, you are amazing. You hang in there! We are praying for you ALL!! :)

Carley said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby boys! They are so sweet. I have been worrying about you. Your family will be in our prayers.

Brittney said...

Congratulations on the new babies!! And I am so happy to hear they are doing good! I just barely heard about it a few days ago (I've been wondering how things were) What a hard time for you and your family, I can't even imagine! But it makes me so glad to know that you guys are all hanging in there and doing okay! Wish we lived closer and could do something more, but I will keep your family in our prayers!! Loved the pics too btw! Sorry for the novel.

Melissa Sutton said...

I'm so glad things are going so well. We have been praying for your family. They are beautiful boys :O) Congratulations!

Jenny said...

Oh Ronda all I can do is sit here and cry! They are so beautiful and so tiny!! I wish I was closer and could help you, but you all are in our prayers and we think about you every day! We love you all, thank you for the update! Love Jenny

Jeanne said...

I am so glad to hear that all is well. I know you still have some long days ahead of you, but we are glad to hear your sweet children are doing well. Keep us posted. We will be praying for your family.

emily b. said...

They are so beautiful- and so are you! Your little family has been in our prayers, and will continue to be so. Know that we are willing to help anyway we can.
:)
emily

Amy said...

Those pictures! Words fail me- but my tears are just flowing. I had to push mute on the music because it was making me cry more! ha ha Thanks for sharing. Love you all.
Amy

Linda said...

Thanks so much for letting me know about your blog. The world is full of miracles and you have two of them. Our prayers have been and will continue to be with you and your family. You are a great family. What wonderful parents as well. There is a wonderful music video by the Tabernacle Choir and Bocielli you might enjoy. God gives us such strength and beautiful music helps, too. The site is http://god-gives-us-strength.blogspot.com/2009.12/lords-prayer.html. I will miss being your visiting teacher Ronda. Keep in touch!

Tyra said...

Dear Ronda, Those are such sweet baby boys. We are praying for your family and put your names on the prayer rolls at the temple each Friday. You take care and let us know if we can do anything. Love, The Rammells P.S. I finished the first "Wild Thing " : ) baby quilt today and number two is under way...I'll see you soon.

Katie, Brandon and Casen said...

Oh they truly are miracles! I cried just reading what happened. We will keep all of you in our prayers and we just want you to know you are amazing parents. Thank you for your incredible example.

Brandi said...

Oh Ronda...they are just perfect! Not only do you get to witness 1 miracle, but 2. They are so precious. My heart just overflowed with emotion when I saw the little pictures. I LOVE the names that you and Willy chose. I am so grateful for the Priesthood. It is amazing the miracles that having faith can perform.

I had heard from Gary (Jason's dad) that you were in the hospital on bed rest and just dind't know how I could help. I am all but a stranger to you, and haven't even seen Willy for years. BUT, if there is anything at all that I could do, I would just LOVE to help in anyway possible. Jason and I will continue to pray for you guys. Gage and Ryder are perfect. I hope you are feeling better, and that soon life will be "normal" again.
Brandi Park

Merced said...

You are amazing Ronda, always have and always will be. Your babies are adorable! I'm so glad you have a community of family and friends that have supported you and will continue to do so. We hope and pray for continued healthy progress. Lots and lots of Love from NM.

Lacey and Zach said...

I am so thankful that everything is going good for your babies. I can not believe they made it through the hard time they went through. What little miracles for sure! You are such a strong woman . I admire how brave and amazing you are. What a great example you are for me. Thank you! WE love your family and we miss you guys so much! I can't wait til your babies are big enough that i can give them loves.